So far, we're off to a good start! Wheel has been turning, stash has been dwindling, and I've actually produced some rather lovely yarn!



Day 1 and 2 I was at the Mister's house - with Zelda the wheel being far too clunky to lug all the way there, I grabbed a spindle and some organic Merino nests in Smokescreen with me. I hadn't spindled in ages, so this was actually really lovely to do.



Day 3 I spun New Orleans, a mix of Polwarth, fine Merino and soy silk into a lovely squishy thick-and-thin single, which I then chain-plied for lovely super-fat bits. 37m of pure fluffy goodness.



As if that wasn't enough, I started spinning my Moonshine Falkland nests the same day, and spun them throughout days 3, 4 and 5, to end with 512m of a heavy laceweight single. I am totally in love with the colours!



And to end off the week, a lovely bobbin of Cherry Bakewell (Merino, Teeswater, baby alpaca, mulberry silk and bamboo) all spun up and waiting for its sister bobbin to be done! I have the perfect braid to ply it with...



One Comment

Powered by Blogger.